Sunday, February 17, 2019

Lower carb coffee cake

When it gets cold, and especially when it snows, I have a biological need to bake. This is at odds with my biological need to eat way less carbs so my pancreas isn't mad at me. I've spent this winter attempting to make a viable alternative to my sister's awesome coffee cake. Here's what I came up with. It's almost as good.

Cake Batter:
1 large, Egg
1/4 Cooking Oil
3/4 Cup Milk
2 tbsp Vanilla extract
1/3 cup Splenda for baking
3/4 cup AP Flour
3/4 cup Almond Flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt

Streusel mix:
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Almond Flour
1 tsp Cooking Oil
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 375. Beat together egg and oil, then mix in milk, Splenda, and vanilla. Add to flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until just mixed. In a second bowl, combine Splenda brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, almond flour, and pecans. Pour batter into lightly greased 9X9 pan. Sprinkle streusel mix over top. Bake for 25-30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment